The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Remember Window Placement Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using a MacPro and Leopard with OmniWeb. My preferred window arrangement is to have the OW window pinned to the right side of my 30" screen and the Tabs drawer slide out to the left. With the drawer open the application occupies the full width of the screen.

I am seeking a way to be able to close the window and open a new window with a single click on the OmniWeb icon in the dock and have my preferred window location and size remembered. I've tried preferences, saving window size etc. and so far I can only achieve my goal by restoring a workspace.

I must be missing something. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks, hussainahm. I think I'm going to experiment with a simple Automator and see if I can't get a one click window launch and restored workspace from a snapshot. That should solve it.

It was interesting that everything works correctly for you on the iMac which you upgraded via Archive and Install. I use the A & I on my Mac Pro but chose to preserve my settings. Hmmm...

Anyway, thank you again.

Welles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welles View Post
Thanks, hussainahm. I think I'm going to experiment with a simple Automator and see if I can't get a one click window launch and restored workspace from a snapshot. That should solve it.
That sounds quite a bit more complicated than should be necessary. Simply set the desired size and position, then go into the Window menu, and choose "Save Window Size". That ought to make new windows open exactly where you want them to.

Thanks, Stormchild for your suggestion. As I said in the initial post, I've tried saving window size and it does save the size but not the placement. Subsequent new windows move to the left hand side of my screen instead of the right. My present solution is to simply open a window and click the Open Tabs Drawer icon in the toolbar and everything is where I want it.