The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reoccurring actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd love to see a few options in regards to reoccurring tasks:

1. see some kind of small symbol next to a task that indicates that it is a reoccurring task (instead of looking within the inspector)
2. be able to set an end date for when tasks should stop reoccurring.
3. be able to set up reoccurring tasks within the quick entry option
4. be able to repeat tasks say just during the workdays or just on the weekends. Some tasks only relate to Monday-Friday.

Maybe some of these are already being considered, but thought I'd throw in my two cents on future additions.

Thanks!

I'm in complete agreement with you... especially #1.

One step further for #1... a small icon for recurring... possibly where the bullet • currently is, and if I click on it, the task stops being recurring.

This is especially helpful for recurring tasks like...
read 30 min of book
when I am done with the task, I click on the recurring icon, then complete the task.

I've put this in to Omni via the feedback menu item, anyone who wants this should do the same.