The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Competition... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
- Copying a tab as a URL
Just a quick note: OmniWeb does have this. Just click over into the tab drawer and cut/copy/paste as you desire. Paste into some other app or into an address field or wherever and you get the tab URL.

Just to clarify:

I meant by control clicking so that you don't have to switch tabs. E.g. I am browsing the forum right now and e.g. I want to link to the third tab up in my drawer in this thread. At the moment, I have to click the third tab up to give it focus, copy it, then click back to my other tab, paste. Wouldn't it be lovely if I could just control-click the other tab and select from the convenient Copy URL menu options:

Copy URL>http://
Copy URL>[url]
Copy URL>[img]

?

I personally think that adding bb-style code auto-complete to the default browser seems a bit stupid, especially cluttering up the already full contextual menu (Seeing as not all people visit places where they would even make sense). Sounds WAY more like something a plugin should do. How about that, OmniGroup? A fully documented plug-in design so us Mac developers can write things similar to FireFox's extensions?

Opera 9:

- Widgets (not really needed)
- Sitespecifc prefs
- SSL Certificae owner in URL (nice feature)
- Faster
- Built-in BitTorrent Support

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbotc
I personally think that adding bb-style code auto-complete to the default browser seems a bit stupid, especially cluttering up the already full contextual menu (Seeing as not all people visit places where they would even make sense). Sounds WAY more like something a plugin should do. How about that, OmniGroup? A fully documented plug-in design so us Mac developers can write things similar to FireFox's extensions?
You misunderstand - I'm talking about the tab contextual menu, not the window contextual menu. I think the tab contextual menu could stand to gain one more menu entry (the bb-style/http/whatever code choices could be a submenu selection).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
You misunderstand - I'm talking about the tab contextual menu, not the window contextual menu. I think the tab contextual menu could stand to gain one more menu entry (the bb-style/http/whatever code choices could be a submenu selection).
I don't have a problem with adding a new menu entry there. I just don't think that BB or code stuff should EVER be included by default. You seem to forget how easily confused the average person can get when things they don't recognize are presented to them. (And when they get confused, they get angry. Don't ask me why or tell me that they don't, as I deal with alot of people via Adium that can't understand why certain text features don't work the exact same way as X client does it, and then they proceed to yell at us on IRC for awhile)

Ah, true. I'm thinking of my own power-browsing mode. Still it would be a nice feature to have (a hidden preference perhaps). A simple "Copy Address of Tab" would suffice for everyone I would think.

I think it would make sense to add "Copy Tab" to the context menu. (Note that copying a tab also copies its address.)

Hrmm... I guess we aren't considering Camino at all?

If there is something good that Camino does, then add it here. I never use it myself (always seemed overly simplistic, like Safari, for my tastes).