The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug with links? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have experimented with OO quite a bit and am looking forward to using it on a daily basis. There ist just one thing that annoys me that I would like to get clear about before I buy. It is obviously a bug, but since I did not read anything about it somewhere else I suspect I may be the only one with this problem. Here it is:

When adding an Internet-link, I get the usual grey box with the name of the link. I can expand it via a click on the triangle and I can follow the link via clicking the right-boundd arrow. However, whenever I just click somewhere else in the box, or write something in it, like, say, change the name of the link - everything breaks down. Well, not everything, but the box is broken, as is the whole OO entry. Plus, when I close the entry, the broken part of the link would hang over to the next entry. There is no way to delete the link. I have to close the document without saving and then reopen it.

Anybody else experienced this? What to do about it? I run Mac OS X 3.9 on a G3 iBook with 800 Mhz and 640 MB Ram. OO Professional 3.6.1.

Greetings,
th.

The behavior you are getting sounds like what would happen if an exception is being raised--please check your console and see if anything is being written to it (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app).

Additionally, are you running in German? If you are, what happens if you quit Outliner, switch to English, and run it again? Does the URL or the text your are typing have any non-ascii characters (umlauts for example)?

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I cannot find anything in the console logging related to OmniOutliner. I restarted the app in english only to find that nothing changed. And no, I did not use umlauts. I just clicked on the link, that' s all. I add a jpg to this post that shows what it looks like (dragged the link of this forum from safari to OO, then clicked on it. clicking on the triangle or the arrow works just normally, though). I also tried unchecking the automatically create attachment when adding link option in the preferences. Same result. Also it sometimes happens by clicking just once, sometimes only after a doubleclick. Sometimes (very rarely) it does not happen at all. Very strange.

Greetings,
th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OO-Bug.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	108  

Thorsten if you could send us a simple document that you can reproduce this problem with we would appreciate it. I've seen problems like this before but I wasn't able to reproduce your particular problem. Please send us any details to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM
Thorsten if you could send us a simple document that you can reproduce this problem with we would appreciate it. I've seen problems like this before but I wasn't able to reproduce your particular problem. Please send us any details to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com. Thanks!
ok, will do that later today when I am at home. Thanks.