The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle files can't be uploaded to Dropbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I use the desktop version of DB, I can put OG files there with no problem. But when I use the DB Website, OG files fail...but other files work fine. DB tells me the file failed and that I have to upgrade my Flash player...which I have, to no avail.

Any known incompatibilities?

That's because by default OG, writes a package, which is really a directory full of files masquerading as a single file. If you open up the document inspector in OG, there are some settings to control whether it writes packages or single files (which you would be able to upload via the web browser).

<removed due to problem with image link>

Last edited by JKT; 2011-01-27 at 02:22 AM..

JKT,

that link to a picture on your MobileMe site doesn't work, and causes the browser to ask the user to log in to MobileMe, which still doesn't work because relatively few of us know your username + password, I imagine! :-)

Thanks - seems that changes made to iDisk and the demise of Homepage at MobileMe are preventing me from posting images the same way I used to... haven't tried in a very long time, fwiw so this is the first time its happened to me.

Sigh.

I have no problems using omnigraffle files on dropbox. Sometimes when a file is not fully uploaded, all the contents are exposed. This shows up like many files. When the sync is complete between your computer, dropbox, and the other computer, then the contents are viewed as one single file.

Richielau, the issue is when you use a web browser to upload files to dropbox, for example on a machine which does not have dropbox installed...