The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why the email share button? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I tap on an action, at the top of the dialog, adjacent to the trash is a 'share' button and tapping it generates a very nicely formatted email containing the details of the action.

Apart from sending someone (who?) this informative email, what is its intended use? The functionality doesn't exist on the other two OF apps and is not documented in the manual.

Folks asked for a way to share or delegate tasks to another OmniFocus user; this was a simple way we could start to give them that ability. (It includes a link which will add that action to the OF database of the person that clicks or taps it.)

Currently only in the iPad app, but it'll be coming to the other two.

Should definitely cover that in the documentation though - thanks for catching that!

It's for sending an action to another OF user to whom you want to delegate. The 1.8 sneaky peeks on the desktop, and I think the current iPhone release, will launch when the recipient taps the link in the email. Their OF will then import the action.

Edit: Looks like we're at the same spot in the forums, Brian. Race you to the top?

Curt

Thanks to both for the info - probably not something I'll use as so far it's just l'il ol' me here on OF so far ...

Now if we can email multiple tasks at once...i'd love that. :)

agreed. already sent an email to suggest just that. email projects and folders would be more helpful to me than just one action at a time.

Beautiful feature.

I've recently gotten a friend into the GTD lifestyle and am throwing dimes at fountains daily for him to grab OF for his new macbook.

Beautiful feature.

I'm using omnifocus all the time but my office has PC's and therefore no omnifocus. The email option is great because I can forward an action straight to work via email and my office inbox has the same function. Of course, I can just email myself with what I'm thinking and have many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
I've recently gotten a friend into the GTD lifestyle and am throwing dimes at fountains daily for him to grab OF for his new macbook.
Perhaps you should throw the dimes at him? Only 800 before he's able to buy the app himself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
Perhaps you should throw the dimes at him? Only 800 before he's able to buy the app himself...
..His bday is coming soon..

:D