The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Weird delays, spinning rainbow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
The problem was that javascript can start up timed events and they never stop if you close the window
Ouch, nasty bug. Can't wait for a version incorporating the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
I just grabbed a fix from WebKit for a javascript bug (http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9031) that ought to help with the slowdowns you have been seeing as well as 1/3 of our crash reports and our memory usage.

The problem was that javascript can start up timed events and they never stop if you close the window (or possibly when browsing to a new page either) thus keeping the DOM objects around (affecting memory) and slowing down the application using unnecessary CPU time.

I am especially happy since I also reported the bug in the first place. :)
That's the best news I've heard since the SP's started :)

I've had the same thing happen to me at http://forum.azinfoline.com. I think it's got something to do with the animated banner at the top of the page (the .gif is 3.3MB), but it doesn't happen in Camino.