The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Line lengths without labels? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there an easy way to see the length of a line without adding a label with a length variable to it (a rather cumbersome procedure)? I've been rotating the line to the horizontal, looking at its length in the inspector, and undoing. Seems silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLModel View Post
Is there an easy way to see the length of a line without [a] adding a label with a length variable to it (a rather cumbersome procedure)? I've been [b] rotating the line to the horizontal, looking at its length [X-value] in the inspector, and undoing. Seems silly.
I tried both [a] and [b]. Personally, I found [b] far more cumbersome.

Why don't you try this idea:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ht=line+length
• place a generic line with a length variable in the label in your stencil
• use the line from the stencil, and draw it where you want it
• the label will show the exact length
• select and delete the label

Cheers