The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can you import data from original iPhone/iPad app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just got the application and it looks brilliant.

I have had the existing iPhone/iPad app on my iPad. Is there any way to import that data into the new iPad application or do I need to sync through my OmniFocus for Mac sync point?

Thanks, David.

Syncing is the easiest way. After you've got it working for a day or two, if you've got the desktop application (I assume you probably do), you'll want to go to the Sync preferences on the desktop app and deregister the client corresponding to the iPhone app running on the iPad, unless you are going to continue running both of them.

If you can't do it by sync for some reason, you could use the debug URL that causes OmniFocus to mail your database to the support ninjas, changing the address to send it to yourself instead. Then, in the Apps section of iTunes, scroll to the bottom and click on OmniFocus, then add the copy of your database that was attached to the email.

I am going to sync when I get home, then get rid of the iPhone version on the iPad. I was just hoping I could get going immediately with the existing task list. Guess I'll have to wait (against my nature). Thanks, David.

It's a different app, so it doesn't have access to the old version's data...

Don't know about other sync methods, but I had both apps on my iPad and just used the mobileme sync. It even worked although I synced the iPad app first, forgetting there was new stuff still unsynced in iPhone app. I just synced the iPhone app and resynced the iPad app.