The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-enter date in date column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi - is there a way for OO to auto-enter the current date for a new list item when there's a date column for that item?

Thanks,
rich

No, but it wouldn't be hard to cobble together a script that put the current date in all blank fields in a date column...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
No, but it wouldn't be hard to cobble together a script that put the current date in all blank fields in a date column...
How does one trigger a script on the creation of a new list item in OO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbreen View Post
How does one trigger a script on the creation of a new list item in OO?
One doesn't, except by remembering to do it by hand :-) But you could run the script after you were done editing. I'm unaware of any post-editing-event hooks to run scripts in any Omni software, though OmniPlan does have a framework for specifying actions to be taken after saving a document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
...I'm unaware of any post-editing-event hooks to run scripts in any Omni software....
Ah, that's what I thought, though you had my hopes up for a minute... Surprising this isn't an option.

Thanks,
rich