The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Individual Gmail Messages not working with Bookmarklet Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I am in mobile gmail and I want send a link to an individual message to Omnifocus via the Safari Bookmarklet, everthing works fine on gmail. However when i try to view the link on my Macbook, I am getting a Gmail 404 error.

I notice that my URL for the message in mobile gmail looks like this when pasted in Omnifocus

https://mail.google.com/a/#####.com/s/#cv/Inbox/xxxxxxxxxxx

(##### are my google domain name, xxxxx is the message ID)

However when I search for the message in Gmail on my Macbook i get the following URL

https://mail.google.com/a/#####.com/#inbox/xxxxxxxxxxxx

So in short I am trying to find a way to link my Gmail messages in Safari on the iPhone to Omnifocus so they will work on the Macbook.

Any ideas????

Last edited by dgirardier; 2010-04-05 at 06:47 PM..

Unfortunately, this isn't possible right now due to the way that GMail handles URLs between the mobile version and the full desktop version. I've also been trying to get this working for a while without any success, and after deconstructing the URLs and looking at them in more detail, I'm pretty sure it can't be done unless Google changes things on their end.

(I have made several requests in their forums for them to do so, but nobody has ever replied).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't possible right now due to the way that GMail handles URLs between the mobile version and the full desktop version. I've also been trying to get this working for a while without any success, and after deconstructing the URLs and looking at them in more detail, I'm pretty sure it can't be done unless Google changes things on their end.

(I have made several requests in their forums for them to do so, but nobody has ever replied).
Thanks! I thought the same thing. I will just have to wait for Gmail.