The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No license available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All of a sudden the beta is telling me my license is expired. When I look at the licenses, it shows that it expired on May 28. I was running the software just fine yesterday however. I seem to remember having to enter a code when I first ran the software (I was in the first round of the sneaky peek), but now I can't find where that code was at....

Anyone else running into this? Any ideas? My whole life is in OmniFocus now! (With multiple backups a day....) I guess I should start making some hardcopy backups. I'd just go to the OmniStore and buy a license now if I could... :-)

Thanks!

George

Have you downloaded the most recent build? My expiration date isn't until 6/14.

Very sneaky Omni. Get us all excited with the hype, then
get us to test your program and in the process we migrate our lives over. Total captive market. Genius!

Omnicrack: first one's free, then you gotta pay.

:)

I have downloaded the latest build. I also tried going to a build from a few days ago. Deleted the OmniFocus folder out of Application Support, deleted the plist file from the preference directory. No Luck! Might try installing on my iMac later so I can become functional again...

Opened and upgraded OF tonight (I've been traveling for the past couple of days) and I got the same message. Wrote to support and hope to hear back soon.

Do you know what build you are using? I NEED to avoid this! Good luck with this one. I hope this is fixed soon. I am beginning to rely on OF for my daily work. (I suppose I should have waited to at least a beta. Oh well.)

Sorry about the expired license! This only affects users who downloaded OmniFocus on the very first day, back when you had to enter a license by hand to be able to use OmniFocus. That hand-entered license is overriding the one we now build into the application, so the solution is to delete it:
  1. At the "This license is not licensed" prompt, click "Add License".
  2. On the license screen that follows, select the expired license and click "Delete License".
  3. When prompted to confirm that you want to delete the expired license, click "Delete".
  4. Quit and relaunch OmniFocus, and you should be licensed.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Heck, no need to apologize to us.... We were in the first batch of sneaky peek love! :-)

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
Sorry about the expired license! This only affects users who downloaded OmniFocus on the very first day, back when you had to enter a license by hand to be able to use OmniFocus.
The license issue is back with a vengeance, and I'm not one of the first batch of users. All of a sudden, after a restart, an alert appeared saying OmniFocus is unlicensed. The licenses window shows a license expired three days ago... but I used this same build just fine earlier today. I mailed omnifocus at omnigroup, so if they come up with a solution, I'll post it here, too. I hope they do, as I can't get OmniFocus to open now and this app has become quite indispensable in just a few days.

same problem here. I wasn't in the first batch, but as of this morning (in Australia) i haven't been able to access my tasks.

I had the same problem but I have a quick fix that appears to be working.

I quit other applications to avoid confusing things, set the system clock back by 24 h, started OmniFocus without incident, set the system clock back to correct time and still no problem with OF.

If OF checks for a licence only on launch (reasonable approach) then if you can launch it 'before the licence expired' it may be possible to keep it going until the ninjas can get it sorted.