The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anyone get theirs yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Very nice program, have been using iGTD for a little while, but like the interface in oFocus better. Cleaner. Better ground work for palettes.

About the only suggestions/wish I have so far is that the quick entry always stay up, or at least have an obvious key command. Do love that feature!

FYI, the program is alpha, though, somewhat slow, and didn't want to shut down properly when I tried to quit the program. But hey, still very nice, and I'm not really complaining, just a caveat to those that are still waiting.

Best,
Kurt Jones

Quote:
About the only suggestions/wish I have so far is that the quick entry always stay up, or at least have an obvious key command. Do love that feature!
hit "cmd-," to bring up the app prefs. You can choose the key command you want for bringing up QuickEntry.

Also, if you're in the app and you press "opt-cmd-1" you should focus on the Inbox, and then pressing "Return" will make a new Inbox item for you as well.

Hi Omniteam, I subscribed to the Beta list for OF some time ago. This was confirmed when I tried to subscribe again (already registered message). However when I ask to be sent the password for the list - nothing happens! Can you please advise? (I checked spam etc and it's not there either). Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliee
Hi Omniteam, I subscribed to the Beta list for OF some time ago. This was confirmed when I tried to subscribe again (already registered message). However when I ask to be sent the password for the list - nothing happens! Can you please advise? (I checked spam etc and it's not there either). Thanks!
Charliee, only some of the people on the mailing list are getting beta passwords and download links. It's first come, first served. We'll just have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
- Did you import your kGTD? Did it do projects/contexts/history/archive?
- Is syncing to iCal in this build?
- Can you easily move around using the keyboard?
- Did you try the quick entry thing? Easier than Quicksilver?
- Exporting options?
- Preferences?
- What is the coolest thing in the release we DIDN'T see in the video?
- When will my email come?

BZ
I just got mine last night. It definitely is alpha, and very, very slow (but Omni warned us). Still, I like it.

I hadn't used my kGTD in months, so I cleaned up my kGTD file before importing it. I didn't need to -- it only imported current items. It did import all contexts; I'll have to clean those up a little.

I don't use iCal synching, so I can't answer this

Quick entry is nice -- there are places to put all the item data, including date, flag, and notes. However, I think OF needs to be running to use QE -- so the Quicksilver action is needed, too.

Haven't exported; preferences are barely there right now.

Coolest thing? I think it will be the ability to next contexts. I already like the ability to have folder sets of projects.

Another cool thing, for the way I work, is that I can make the OF window quite small. I lie keeping it open all the time; this way it won't take up too much screen real estate. I still can't adjust column widths, though.

In all, OmniFocus is definitely still incomplete, but usable now.

--Liz

Sorry maybe I didnt make my point very clearly. The question was - am I actually subscribed to the list? It says I am but then does not send me my list subscription password when I request it.

Quote:
Sorry maybe I didnt make my point very clearly. The question was - am I actually subscribed to the list? It says I am but then does not send me my list subscription password when I request it.
You don't request it ... when your turn comes (based on when you subscribed to the OF announcements mailing list), you'll get an e-mail with your download code. All you have to do is wait ...

Quote:
Ah, I see, sorry I misunderstood. I tried, and with my subscription it does work.

I think what he's referring to is the password that goes with your subscription to the list .. but I could be wrong ..
I got the impressioin he's trying to make sure he is indeed subscribed to the list and since the password send request isn't answering .. he's got some doubts ..

hmm you posted while I was writing mine :)