The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to duplicate and move to the end of the lits in project view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

As I cannot seem to use "Duplicate" to duplicate a task in context view (I just posted about this in another thread), I'm trying to find a way to duplicate a task and move it to the end of a project. If I could sort actions in project view I would use this (as the "date added" is modified for the duplicated task), but project view only allow me to sort projects.

Thanks for any suggestion,

Alan

Alan,

This could be done with a script. There's a thread on the Extras forum for script requests. You might post there and get some help from the OF scripters.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
As I cannot seem to use "Duplicate" to duplicate a task in context view (I just posted about this in another thread), I'm trying to find a way to duplicate a task and move it to the end of a project. If I could sort actions in project view I would use this (as the "date added" is modified for the duplicated task), but project view only allow me to sort projects.
If you are looking to make a permanent rearrangement of the tasks, you can sort the actions in project view by selecting them, then using Edit->Sort to sort the selection. This is different than using the sort settings in the view bar, which only change the order of the display in the current window.

Ah, very nice, thanks for the select / sort suggestion. I'll try it for a while to see if I can avoid using a script for this.