The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Indenting (Moving Right) Tasks below another task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First off, I'd like to thank the OF guys, who are doing a great job. Their hard work is evident by the daily releases of sneaky peeks. Keep on the good work!

I have noticed a bug that seems to have sprung up from (v77.10.0.104356) onwards. It could have happened in an earlier version but I did not notice.

Say I have 5 tasks A, B, C, D, E in project "Bake cake". In the past, indenting (moving right) task D would make D a sub-task of C. However, I now have the problem where indenting D brings the task above A! When I attempt to outdent (moving left) task D, it sometimes disappears or appears in the Project pane.

This is extremely frustrating for me as I tend to have a deep task hierarchy within a single project. Please let me know if you need further elaboration on the problem.

Thanks guys!

I did manage to reproduce this.

(click for full-size image)

To reproduce it, I had to have the action selector set to Completed. Then I built a new project, put in actions A-E, selected action D, indented it, and got the result above. However, if I then switched the action selector to Remaining, the items were drawn in the proper order and relationship structure, so I think this is just a display bug in a corner case, and your data is fine. I'll send this in as a bug report with Help->Send Feedback as well.

Phew. At least someone else has the problem too. For a while, I thought I was the only one.