The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF integration with OmniOutliner. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I was told by someone at Omni that it was possible to 'link' content from Omni Outliner to Omni Focus.

I have not been able to do this... can anyone guide me on how to do this?

Thanks a lot! Martin.

I haven't seen much of the ability yet -- it's not listed in the "special apps" area. Not to mention when I tried to clip I got a launch services dialog listing about 5,000 apps on my system (many of them printer drives that ended in .app) asking where OmniOutliner was (it was running!).

It would be great t have the possibility to reference content from OF that resides in OO by simply having a link to it. That is what made me decide to switch to OO from Notebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchohs View Post
It would be great t have the possibility to reference content from OF that resides in OO by simply having a link to it. That is what made me decide to switch to OO from Notebook.

You can have links to your Focus tasks/projects/folders/contexts. Simply drag them to Outliner, or use the "Copy as Link" command to see the actual URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
You can have links to your Focus tasks/projects/folders/contexts. Simply drag them to Outliner, or use the "Copy as Link" command to see the actual URL.
That's backwards, though :-)

What you mentioned also works with RTF documents, but that's not really integration.

I tried it, and I can paste an OF task into OO as a link. Yet, when I go back to it using the link, it opens a general view in OF that does not even contain the task i supposedly linked to. Is it working well for you guys?

Additionally, I think I would prefer it the other way around. To be able to reference some information in OO as a link within OF.

Thanks.