The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What does mark page do? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see that on the history menu you can mark pages. I tried marking some pages and then navigating amongst marked pages but I think it is just taking me through the history and not paying attention to marks. I also notice that marking and unmarking pages does not stick. When I look at the history window I see no special markings on marked pages. Is this feature implemented in B1?

Steve

Did you notice that there are separate back and forward toolbar buttons (and menu commands, keyboard shortcuts) for moving between marked pages?

Marking pages is the same as using Snap Back in Safari, only as well as OmniWeb choosing which pages to mark automatically, you can add marked pages in the history yourself. If you customise your toolbar, you can add buttons for adding and navigating marked pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Marking pages is the same as using Snap Back in Safari, only as well as OmniWeb choosing which pages to mark automatically, you can add marked pages in the history yourself. If you customise your toolbar, you can add buttons for adding and navigating marked pages.

In B1 I don't think the unmark command is working. If I unmark, then go to some other page I can still navigate back in the marked pages and it will bring me back to the page I unmarked.

If you use the "Go to Previous/Next Mark" to leave a page--it marks the current page so that you can return to it quickly...

Could that be causing the behavior you are seeing?

If that is the problem--does anyone have a suggestion for a different way to handle it? Currently I'm thinking if you explicitly unmark a page, you have to explicitly mark it for it to be marked--does that seem reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
If you use the "Go to Previous/Next Mark" to leave a page--it marks the current page so that you can return to it quickly...

Could that be causing the behavior you are seeing?

If that is the problem--does anyone have a suggestion for a different way to handle it? Currently I'm thinking if you explicitly unmark a page, you have to explicitly mark it for it to be marked--does that seem reasonable?

Yeah that seems to be it. I can see the logic in this but its not intuitive.

I like the whole marked page idea. It makes browsing, say, ebay, a lot easier. Is there a keyboard shortcut to mark a page though? Doing it with the mouse seems a little slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewistonianExonian
Is there a keyboard shortcut to mark a page though?
Cmd+K (see under the History menu) may be what you're looking for.