The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stencil Front/Rear View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All - Just obtained OmniGraffle Pro and I am trying to utilize a Stencil that utilizes a front/rear view for objects. I have validated the Stencil is valid through Visio (had to launch my VM). It seems that Viso can handle the Front/Rear view just fine, but I am not seeing the ability though OmniGraffle.

For example I have a blade server in this Stencil, it loads with only one view, the front. I would like for it to also show the rear, but I cannot change the view from the options I see.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also... OmniGraffle has crashed about 5 times now...

Be sure to send in the crash reports it generates, and use Help->Send Feedback to send a copy of your question to the support ninjas. They don't work on the weekends, but they do eventually answer all the mail. You can't count on them seeing any particular forum post, however, so unless another forum reader happens to know the answer to your question, you may just get silence if you only ask here, especially if the question is somewhat vague (it's not like anyone could find and try out your specific stencil from the details you've provided).

Go to Google --> Search for Cisco Unified Computing Stencil --> Download that

Open Stencil --> Attempt to view Front/Rear... As you see in the stencil it mentions to right click the object and change the view for rear or front, which I assume is a VISIO only thing.

After sometime OmniGraffle will crash...

And yes, I have been sending the report to the "ninja's"

Has there been any update to this? I just paid for a full Omni 5 Pro license and found I need this feature for the stencil library I'm using.

I need to be able to select different views (front/rear) for the stencil. It looks like I'll need to go back to using Visio if this feature is not available.

At the very least I'm looking for confirmation on whether this feature exists or not. If not, what is the roadmap? Otherwise, I would like a refund on my purchase.

I tried pulling down the stencil in question, but the download I found unzipped to an .exe installer application, so I can't check it directly...

I'm guessing this stencil uses the Enhanced Windows Metafile format for the images in question. I'm not aware of any Mac apps that support that format - it's an image format that's essentially a bunch of function calls to the Windows graphics programming interfaces.

Very sorry if this means OmniGraffle isn't going to work for your needs! If you let our sales folks know about this thread we can get this taken care of. We don't want to sell you software you can't use. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you let our sales folks know about this thread we can get this taken care of. We don't want to sell you software you can't use. :-)
It's not our job to let your sales guys know about this. What that being said...

I'm in the same boat. Just got omni-pro today and this wasn't described as a feature not included - hence I assumed this would be do-able.

I wouldn't have wasted my money had I known this would be an issue.

The stencils in question for me are Cisco Unified Compute System found on the Cisco website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
It's not our job to let your sales guys know about this.
Do you want a refund, or not? Send an email to sales@omnigroup.com, reference this thread, say you want a refund.

Do you intend to add support for multishapes? It appears that this feature has been supported in Visio for a long time now.

I have to start a VM with a licensed copy of Visio in order to use the alternate views. Not good.

This zip file contains stencils with a number of multishapes. Any of the N2K-C2* shapes can be used as an example.

edit: I can't post links. google "cisco product support visio stencils". Download "Switches-Cisco Nexus 2000 (6 MB)". It would also be helpful if the forum accepted attachments over 100K.

Thanks