The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Actions at top? & shortcut for New Action? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings folks! New OF user, moved over from Things. While I love Things, it hasn't been growing up enough, and OF is rocking it as both a task AND project manager. =)

Had two questions that I can't seem to find an answer to here, or in the docs:

1. When I create a New Action, it always places it at the bottom of my Single-Action List. Is there any way to have New Actions appear on the top of the list instead? I tend to work in parallel with higher-priority tasks at the top of the my lists, so having new ones created on top would be a big win.

2. Cmd-N opens up the Quick Entry panel - however I'd prefer Cmd-N to directly create a New Action instead, just like if I clicked the New Action button in the toolbar. However, New Action doesn't appear to be in the menus anywhere. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks much!

Welcome aboard, Justin! Thanks for choosing OmniFocus. :-)

Your first request isn't currently possible, but we do have a feature request open on that - if you email the support ninjas, they can attach you to that item in our development database. (Items with more interest tend to get assigned higher priority.)

Regarding the second request, not currently possible with that shortcut, but you can hit the Return key to make a new item. I generally do that for banging out new items in whatever I currently have selected, then use the Quick Entry window for filing something elsewhere in the database I can't be bothered to look at right now.

Does that help?

Hi Brian!

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely email the team!

And the tip about the Return key did the trick - I didn't even think to try that out without already being in edit mode on another Action. Sure enough, Return key, new action.

Thanks a bunch!