The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Color Fill question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am running omnigraffle for iPad on my ipad1, iOS 5.01 and the latest update of omnigraffle from the app store. I use this application to draw patterns and create blocks using the drawing tool. I draw lines to create blocks of different varieties. In my case, the predefined shape tools will not do what I need.

What I would like to do is, once the blocks are created, fill it with a solid color, such as mspaint's paint bucket tool. It seems like a basic function, but I just have been unable to figure this one out on my own.

Any help would be appreciated

If you can build it up from OmniGraffle's shapes, then you can fill it. Or, if you draw it as a freehand figure with the drawing tool, you can fill it. Otherwise, I think you are out of luck.

Can you post a picture of what these shapes look like?

Alternatively you can paste shapes in from iDraw. Unfortunately they are seen as rectangular shapes but you can at least get something the way you like in iDraw and then bring it into OmniGraffle of you need to arrange it in a particular way.

It's not a be-all-end-all solution but I find iDraw to be indispensable in my iPad workflow.