The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inspector a pop-up in OmniFocus 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
From OF2 Debut reported in Omni's blog, we can see that the columns in OF1 inherited from OmniOutliner have been replaced with a cleaner more modern interface. However this means greater reliance on the Inspector to enter info that can now be entered in the OF1 columns. My concern from the current Alpha is that the Inspector in OF2 will be accessed via a pop-up. I understand why this is necessary on an iDevice with limited real estate, but this app is for a Mac. I can see this driving me crazy... having to click on the tiny "i" symbol every time I want to enter info. Is there any chance that prefs could give the options of a floating pallet and/or a pallet that can be anchored to the right hand side of the OF2 window?

There's a keyboard shortcut to open the Inspector (what you call a palette) now, it's hard to imagine they'd remove that functionality. I would hope that if you move from action to action with the Inspector open, the Inspector would follow suit as it does now. Your question is on my list of questions, to be sure!

Seeing the inspector will become even more important in OF2, I'm hoping that we can be given some options to control its behaviour. I know keyboard shortcuts are the preferred method for a lot of people, especially information industry workers, and I often use them too. However I also rely a lot on the mouse (after all that's why I use a Mac and no longer use DOS!) so I hope I won't have to endlessly click on a tiny symbol to access the Inspector in OF2.