The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Time committments by month Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I still maintain that using OmniPlan as I suggested is no more difficult or time-consuming (you're hardly using any of the features) and can easily do what Graham described of his paper system — it sounds like what I did in my example.
I think we may just have to accept its too difficult and time consuming for "me". As I said I have used project planning software in the past. The key thing is that whatever else happens the tasks have to end up in my Todo list (in this case Omnifocus).

I have used MSProject and integration with Outlook, and I have used the JCVGantt Pro addin with MindManager that also integrated with Outlook. Once I started using these tools for project management, I immediately saw their potential for personal time management, but...

In both cases it required too much effort and time, up front, and to maintain, when all I need is a rough idea of whether June is going to be a busy month or slack month. The return on the time invested just wasn't worth it for me.

As I said, the Month perspective that I have now created almost does what I want and it only involves hitting a hot key.

Graham