The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Column Resizing Behavior is Non-Standard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't like it either - and there is more: OF will forget settings in 'View > Columns >" I made in Context Mode whenever I switch back to Planning.
Annoying!

Another vote against!

And I would REALLY like the column width settings I make to persist between opening and closing the document. EVERY time I startup again, I have to re-size the Name/Project/Start/Due columns - this is particularly annoying when I am showing the hierarchy of each task in Context mode - I get 8 lines taken up for each task to accommodate the 'Project' when I could show the complete hierarchy in 2 lines at most. The list scrolling way off the page makes it very hard to quickly scope through tasks.

Last edited by chidmf; 2008-01-08 at 11:04 AM..

I think it's good. Having a horizontal scroll bar is exceptionally annoying. In some applications it makes sense, where there are a million columns, but there are only so many columns here. Having them all visible is desirable, and in those cases I think the window adjusting to the column sizes is a very nice feature. Saves the step that I would have to do anyone.

I don't like it either - I prefer all my apps to work in the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidmf View Post
This is particularly annoying when I am showing the hierarchy of each task in Context mode - I get 8 lines taken up for each task to accommodate the 'Project' when I could show the complete hierarchy in 2 lines at most.
I sent feedback a long time ago to adopt the finder's Long name...truncated method of chopping out the middle.

At least as a pref, I also prefer to have shorter rows (one line if possible).

-P

I'd prefer a more standard approach too. I'm frustrated every time I want to resize a column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
I sent feedback a long time ago to adopt the finder's Long name...truncated method of chopping out the middle.

At least as a pref, I also prefer to have shorter rows (one line if possible).
I'm fine with that kind of truncation for the sidebar, but I wouldn't like it for the content area. The fact that OF does not truncate any item in the content area was one of the determining factors for me choosing the app. Please don't change it!

So, I only vote "yes" if it's done with a preference setting for the content area. :)

I love it. I hate horizontal scrollbars.

I have sent Apple feedback to add this feature!

Whatever happened to HIG? Pretty awful for those of us that have our Windows sized a certain way. LOTS more work. Bah! Please stick to the standards for goodness sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmac View Post
I love it. I hate horizontal scrollbars.
I'm with kcmac on this one. I hope OF doesn't change this.