The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

com.omnigroup.OmniFocus not found Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, it's my fault. But how do I fix it? I would think that if the app can't find the file it would just make a new one.

I do have a folder that bears that name and has these contents:

Have you tried quitting OmniFocus, moving that folder to the desktop and then opening OmniFocus again?

What's odd is the title of that folder.
The way the folder title is structured is like a preference file, which is a flat file.

Where was that folder located?

Yes, I've tried quitting and moving, etc.

I put that folder in the preferences folder, thinking that would be the ticket, but it's not working even if in preferences.

Have you tried:
quitting OF.
in the finder, move the folder at this location:
user name->library->application support->omnifocus
Move that folder to the desktop.

Then restart OF.

That folder should be recreated.

You also might want to try searching for com.omnigroup.omnifocus.plist in your preference folder and deleting that. It should also be recreated.

Where did you find that folder?
How was it created?

I just found that folder. It's the cache folder.
On my computer it's located at:
Home Folder->Library->Caches->Metadata->

You could try moving your folder back to that location (after quitting OmniFocus)

You should be able to remove that folder and it should recreate itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Have you tried:
quitting OF.
in the finder, move the folder at this location:
user name->library->application support->omnifocus
Move that folder to the desktop.

Then restart OF.

That folder should be recreated.

You also might want to try searching for com.omnigroup.omnifocus.plist in your preference folder and deleting that. It should also be recreated.

Where did you find that folder?
How was it created?
I've done all of the above already. Doesn't work. I also move the folder I DO have into caches, as you suggested, and that didn't work, either.

I moved the folder out of wherever it was (caches, I guess) when I was mucking about with DropBox. I did it a few weeks ago, and now I can't remember where I pulled it from, and I'm not even sure if it's related to my error message. It's looking for a file, but the error doesn't tell me where it's expecting the file to be. I have a folder of the same name, but not a file.

I know, dum dum dum, but it does seem like it should be an easy fix?

I'd suggest emailing the support ninjas at omnifocus@omnigroup.com. They'll walk you through undoing whatever damage you've done. One of the big benefits of being an Omni customer is their extraordinary technical support. Well worth the price of admission! (And they're nice as can be too!)

Curt

Support ninjas will definitely be able to help - make sure you tell them the full text of whatever error message you're getting.