The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Priority in leveling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to assign tasks a precidence order to be used by the leveling routines? I'm trying to use the tool to manage the remainder of the year for an operations team's (sysadmins, network admins, etc) project list. As such, I've got one document for the quarter, with each task (or task group) representing a project.

What I want to do is rank order the tasks, assign resources, click level and have it tell me when things can get done. The problem is that it's sometimes scheduling tasks near the bottom of the list earlier than tasks near the top when they're using the same resources.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dean

Things at the top of the list are supposed to get a little priority over things lower on the list.
We're thinking of adding a priority feature, but haven't really thought it out yet. Thanks for letting us know you're interested in using something like that.

Yup, I'm very interested. The app is already very close to doing everything I need it to (something no other PM app I've tried can say), the prioritization thing would close most of the rest of the gap.

Thanks,
Dean