The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus Services Menu item greyed out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have Mailtags 2.1 installed.

When I have an email selected, the OmniFocus:Send to Inbox item under services is grayed out. Actually, it is grayed out under any application except finder and omnifocus, at least all of the applications I have tried so far.

Anyone else seeing this?

The Mail integration was the last thing that I needed for OmniFocus to be my one & only GTD app, so this is VERY frustrating for me.

I will be sending feedback unless this forum solves my problem as it has so many times in the past.

Searching for a solution on the web helped -- it appears text has to be selected before the menu item is available. I would prefer that one be able to just select an email and send it to Omnifocus, but this will work for me once I get used to it.

Frank

Yeah it would be nice to be able to simply select the e-mail, I agree.

Corentin

You might want to try my Mail capture script for OmniFocus, available from my software downloads page. It doesn't bring up the QuickEntry window yet--still waiting on a bug fix from Omni--but it does let you create an OF task without selecting the text of the message.

Curt

Check out Adam's scrip here:
http://www.earth2adam.com/omnifocus-...ons-from-mail/
which brings up the quickEntry window. Works well with Mail Act-On too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmountjoy View Post
Check out Adam's scrip here:
http://www.earth2adam.com/omnifocus-...ons-from-mail/
which brings up the quickEntry window. Works well with Mail Act-On too.
Thanks. Unfortunately, this script does not auto-fill project and due dates from MailTag into Quick Entry. Perhpas either Adam or Curt will modify their script to include these features.

I've seen your scripts and they do work quite well indeed.