The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Plan your day from selected next actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would love to see a way to select next actions and put together and print/display a list of actions to perform today.

Would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
Would be cool.
I second that!

Me too!

Extra characters because system said my message was too short.

A very good idea. It would make a great "day" look.

I do this all the time outside of my current kGTD setup via a "Today" folder on my desktop. These are the items I need to perform an action related to, as well as an alias to a project support folder for those projects I've decided to put some effort into WRT doing and/or defining.

In order to get this to fly today in kGTD, I use the Due Date "feature" that pushes this out to iCal at the top of the list. I then work my tasks from iCal.

It would be WONDERFUL if I could add projects and/or NAs to a Focus (i.e. folder) without removing them from their current folders (sidenote: I would use top level folders as Areas of Focus or in GTD altitudes, 20,000 ft). For me, a core "Area of Focus" has to be what is on the plate to attack Today, while still being a part of the area of focus such as "Director of Product Management" or "Father".

Thanks,

Mike

I second all of the above
My ideal Today focus is: selected active/next tasks plus tasks expiring today
I would like to print out just these and carry them with me to cross/add to as I go (not always in front of my Mac!)
See my other thread above
Giovanni

I am under the impression that the good bit about GTD is getting things done depending on what you can do, the resources you have available?

I mean, @office contains stuff I need to get done at the office, and these are sorted by next action. Tick one off, do the next one.

Anything like "This needs to be done on monday" belongs in a calendar and not in the GTD system since it's bound by time and not context. For me, these are meetings, concerts etc.

If I have a project with a deadline today, I'll work off that project and not by context. A bit counterintuitive but it works for me.

And anything else I just work off the @context list.