The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Convert Project to Task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I imported a list of tasks from a text file by copying and pasting them into OmniFocus. It converted the tasks to projects when I pasted them in.

I'd like to know how to convert a project to a task OR know how to import a list of tasks as tasks.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

JV

It's all in where you paste them. If you paste the list into your inbox, you'll get tasks, not projects. Or, if you create a project or single-action list with at least one action and paste into that, you'll get tasks. Just be sure you have the row selected and aren't editing the row, or you'll get all of your lines posted into one.

To convert the projects you've got into tasks, just drag them into another project or the Inbox.

This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!!