The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

can you display full URL for link? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For long URLs, it truncates the name. Can you have it display the full URL while keeping the links live?

If you click the disclosure triangle next to the truncated URL (the triangle appears when you hover the mouse over the URL object), it will display the entire URL:

I saw that triangle, it's a cool feature. I'd still like to have the full URL in the main text, the reason I ask is that I pasted a short outline with links into an email message, and I noticed that when forwarded the links appear to get messed up. Maybe that has nothing to do with OO (and I realize that pasting an outline is not the best use of the app), but if the full URL was there I wouldn't have to worry about it, even if the links don't remain live.