The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Print section (newbie) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am confused. Reading the manual etc. it looks like I should be able to incorporate a "section" name in the header or footer of a printed document, but I don't seem to be able to do this.

I went to the utilities drawer and used the little "gear" icon to show the 2nd and even 3d level headers as "sections." It now shows a bunch of titles in the utilities drawer (ie, "Room 1", "Room 2" etc in my case). I assume that these are "section titles" referred to in the documentation.

I then went to
* Page Setup,
* Settings: OmniOutliner Pro,
* Headers & Footers,
*Settings: All Except First Page,
* Show: Center
* Headers
and clicked on Document Name, Document Title, and Section Title.

When I print, "Document Name", "Document Title" and "Section Title" are all replaced by the name of the document (ie, as shown in the Finder).

What am I missing? How do I get the "Section name"

TIA