The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dragon Dictation -> OF option Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would love for Dragon Dictation on iPhone to have option to send to OF.

I think this is not a big technical hurdle, just an agreement between the two companies, and a very logical one.

I would like quick entry in car or on the move, and when typing is not an option. The solution has presented itself and just needs a tiny nudge to make these two entities shake hands.

I use Jott for speech-recognition omnifocus captures. There's a tip here on the forums (the Extras forum probably) about how to channel your jotts -> twitter -> proxi -> omnifocus on Mac.

Jott has an iPhone app (I use when walking around) and you can dial it (I use when driving around, with my bluetooth earpiece).

Well worth the yearly Jott fee. I capture about 20 jotts a week using this method - basically any time I can't type using my [Mac or iPhone keyboard], or am driving in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afweeks View Post
Would love for Dragon Dictation on iPhone to have option to send to OF.

I think this is not a big technical hurdle, just an agreement between the two companies, and a very logical one.

I would like quick entry in car or on the move, and when typing is not an option. The solution has presented itself and just needs a tiny nudge to make these two entities shake hands.

OF iPhone 1.6 supports sending tasks to OF from other iPhone apps. Ken even posted Objective-C code for doing it (including localizations for the string "Send to OmniFocus") to the OF iPhone forums. So, Omni's done their part. It seems like you need to ask the folks at Nuance to complete the deal.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

If you want the automated transcription, don't need automatic entry into OmniFocus, and don't want to pay for Jott, Google Voice may work for you (just call your GV number and leave a message, transcript and recording are emailed to you).

I also accomplished this by using Dragon Dictation and emailing it to my omnifocus on the mac. Not quite as clean as direct, but pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
OF iPhone 1.6 supports sending tasks to OF from other iPhone apps. Ken even posted Objective-C code for doing it (including localizations for the string "Send to OmniFocus") to the OF iPhone forums. So, Omni's done their part. It seems like you need to ask the folks at Nuance to complete the deal.

Cheers,

Curt
I just asked the folks at Dragon Dictation to consider this. Add your voices as well and maybe they will.