The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use PC to type tasks and sync with OmniFocus on Iphone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am a prospect buyer of OmniFocus. I have an Iphone 4S, but unfortunately I have no iMac. I wonder if I purchased this app would I be able to sync it with a web server, in order to modify my tasks through any PC via accessing the web server?

If the answer is yes, where could I find a web server to do this? ALternatively I could host it on my own linux server. Is there any totorial for this?

Many Thanks,

A web-based interface is something we've talked about adding to the Omni Sync Server's feature set, but we haven't had time to create one yet. That said, we have an open feature request on this - I'll attach your post to that in the development database so the rest of the team will know it's something you're looking for. Thanks for the help!

Thanks Brian. That would be really good. Typing on a virtual keyboard is not always optimal, especially if you are not commuting and are physically sitting in front of a PC. :)

Brian,

One more thing, I really need a project planner on the go and despite that missing feature from above, I can still live with it.

But is there a way to trial your software for a few days and see if it fits my needs?

Many thanks,
Houman

I use an iPhone and iPad and have been looking for a new task management solution. I am interested in Omnifocus, but its utility is severely constrained by not having a Windows or web-based interface. I have to use a PC at work and can't choose to use a Mac. I wouldn't even be able to install a Windows client on my work machine, but a web interface would work well. I have used this approach with Evernote which has become an integral part of my workflow.

Without either a web-based interface (preferable) for entering tasks or a Windows client, Omnifocus seems to lose out on a large potential market. Is one of these in the cards soon?

In the meantime, I continue to use Toodledo.

Houman, we've let Apple know that we'd like the ability to offer time-limited trials of our iOS products, but we're dependent on them to make it possible; hasn't happened yet, I'm afraid.

That said, we do offer a 30-day moneyback guarantee on all our products, including the iOS ones. If the app doesn't work for you, we should bear that cost rather than you; we don't want to profit from selling apps folks don't need. :-)

Thanks, Poekhali, I'll attach you to the feature request on a web interface, as well! It's something we'd like to do, but we don't have an ETA on when it might be ready. No plans for a Windows app in the foreseeable future, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houmie View Post
Brian,

One more thing, I really need a project planner on the go and despite that missing feature from above, I can still live with it.

But is there a way to trial your software for a few days and see if it fits my needs?

Many thanks,
Houman
I'm a very happy customer. I started without a Mac and I rarely use omnifocus on my Mac. I use it on my iPhone and iPad. iPad has a really great "review" feature that I love! I'd say go for it. It's the premiere gtd tool :)

I found this thread that may help you too: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22407

Last edited by pastorhudson; 2012-01-14 at 05:18 AM..

I too have the iPad app and the iPhone app, but I have to use a Windows 7 computer at work. Having a web interface to Omnifocus would be fantastic! Please, please consider making this a high priority.

Thanks!

Added you to the feature request, Armistead - thanks!