The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom shapes in shapes inspector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I add/remove custom shapes from the 'Lines and Shapes' inspector?

Thanks

Can you elaborate on your question a bit? Right now, it seems like custom shapes made by union/subtraction/intersection (in OG 5 Pro) show up in the shape inspector so long as they're on the canvas. I put in a feature request to allow the user to permanently save the shapes for future use. If that's what you mean, you should email Omni with this request as well.

There are also ways to make your own shapes from scratch and have them included in the inspector. Is that what you mean? I give an example here.

I have about 100 custom shapes in the inspector, even though I have only a blank canvas open. I have no idea how or why they are there or how to remove them. Also, in the stencil viewer, the address of the stencils that appear to be included in the inspector is /internal/ rather than the actual physical location of where I stored the original stencil. The stencil viewer does not allow me to uninstall these files. Does anyone know if this is a feature I'm not aware of or a bug?

Thanks

If those shapes are outlined in blue, then they'll go away if you quit and restart OmniGraffle, they hang around per session in case you want access to them.

And yes, you can get a fairly large number of them if you've been working for awhile.

The default shape inspector has 40-50 shapes in it, I believe. I don't know where the excess shapes are coming from, or stored. You might try throwing away OG then reinstalling it, and see if that clears things up.

If you really want to get rid of the internal stencils, you can open up the OG application itself (right-click or control-click on the icon in the Applications folder) and choose "Show Package Contents". Then go into the "Contents" folder and the "Resources" folder. The internal stencils are all stored in a folder called "InternalStencils" inside the localization folder for your language. So if you use OG in English, go inside "English.lproj" and get rid of "InternalStencils" or some of the folders or files inside. If you use the French version, go into "fr.lproj" and do the same, etc. There's no way (as far as I know) to hide them or delete them within OG.