The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2 beefs I have with context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1)
on the online demo video, when Ethan switches into context mode, there are headers for the different contexts in a list. like this:

when I use my copy (I think I'm running the latest version), I only see a flat list which isn't divided like the one in the video. here's what i have?:

Is there a way to get the other easier to scan list type?

2)
Also, in context view, when I view the top level context, the tasks within it don't tell me which specific subcontext they belong to. so for example see my screenshot below:
I've clicked the errands top level context, but all the tasks within it don't tell me which of the specific subcontexts they belong in..

any help with both of these would be awesome thanks!

In answer to your first question: yep, it's simple. Click 'view' in the toolbar, go to the dropdown that says 'Ungrouped' and change it to 'Context'.

In answer to your second question, that is not currently possible. It has been requested, but it wouldn't hurt to submit your feedback as well.

Odd.... I find that as long as I leave my list grouped by "Context" then the sub-contexts show up properly grouped as well.

Or am I misunderstanding something about the question....?

melan,
weird, when I go into the 'view' menu I don't see the word 'ungroup' anywhere

here's my view menu:

eronel,
Glad to see i'm not alone on that, ya I submitted it as feedback from the help menu

jdh,
like I just said to melan above, I can't find this 'context' grouping command anywhere

What you need is the view bar. In the View menu, you can choose "Show View Bar" or you can click the eyeglasses icon on the toolbar. Then you'll be able to group/ungroup.

That's the menu bar, the toolbar is the one in the main window - the icon is a pair of glasses. (I had to check to make sure it was actually called a toolbar myself, heh)

ahhhhh mystery solved lol
thanks guys!

Last edited by pketh; 2007-11-21 at 01:46 PM..

I've logged a bug on this; <bug://bugs/43336> (All view bar options should be accessible from the View menu) since you should be able to get to them from the View menu too.