The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF vs. Things Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has there been any news on whether Omni plans to add tags in a future version?

I know its been discussed before, and I knew it was cut from v1, but does anybody know if it will be in a future version?

The Things screencast shows nothing about "review" - something I thought would be critical with Things given the "free form" nature of the app. With tags, for example, it seems that things can get lost without reviews.

One fuzzy thing for me is the difference between areas and projects. If you abstract each, they seem to be the same.

However, Things is definitely a different animal from the other GTD apps available. This is good, since one coat does not fit everyone. For those who don't "connect" with OF, Things may offer what they want.

My impression of that screencast is that Things would be a good tool to help execute a GTD strategy with the economy of not having to read DA but at the expense of doing more upfront and frequent organizing and calendaring (implicit in the Focuses).

There are times when I think a tag would help reduce redundancy among contexts groups and allow me to link Projects for more complex planning, but now Things has me imagining Prespective-type combinatorial collections of multiple tags multiplying into numbers so great I won't remember them or use them. I think I'll go back to emptying the inbox.