The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Focus Library Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, I've been reading the various posts describing the format and file naming structure of the WebDav sync of the OF database, and finally got around to beginning a library to interface with that. The reason? I want to be able to view and eventually interact with tasks on my linux boxes, as I work during the day on a linux box and @ home on my Mac, and all the time on my iphone.. It would be nice to use the same task program on all 3 places.

Anyways, right now I have a base library in python that'll run on Python 2.5 or higher. and have the beginnings of a UI using wxPython. It views the task and walks the hierarchies pretty well and handles merging of the ZIPs on the webdav share (though you have to sync them to your computer manually right now). Oh and all this in about 2 weeks of spare time.

My BIG question is, do you the OmniFocus developers have any issues with me releasing the library portion (not the GUI) as open source? (either on my personal website http://www.outoforder.cc/ or http://github.com/)

right now I'm in need of a descent name for the library (currently it's called oflib for lack of naming ingenuity). So if you are ok with me releasing it, I'd want to make sure the name is OK and cool as well.