The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Red font for new Inbox item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
an inbox item just showed up from an email i sent and it was in red font. What makes it red? Why is it red?

I sent an item to my Inbox via email and it showed up in red font. What causes this red font? Should I be alert to something (new user).
Mike

Does the item have a due date? Select it, bring up the inspector by clicking the inspector button in the toolbar or pressing cmd-shift-I, and have a look at the due date field. By default, uncompleted items will be styled in red once the due date/time arrives, and in orange in the "due soon" interval before that. See the OmniFocus->Preferences command for setting the length of the "due soon" interval (in the "Dates & Times" portion of the Data tab) and the Style tab will show you a key of how everything is styled (and allow you to make changes, if you want).

The email processing feature does allow the specification of a due date, so if there's a # in your message, that might explain the presence of a due date without your having knowingly set one. See the "Processing Mail messages into actions" program help for the details.

If you have the default styles, red indicates an item that is past its due date. Use View → Columns → Due to display the due date column, or click on the task and use the Inspector to see the due date.

Curt