The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OSX 10.6.2 update broke the Mail plugin [SOLVED: Reinstall using 1.7.5] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Looks like the latest OS update from Apple broke the Mail plug-in. When I launched Mail after the update it notified me that the Omni plug-in had been disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexknight View Post
Looks like the latest OS update from Apple broke the Mail plug-in. When I launched Mail after the update it notified me that the Omni plug-in had been disabled.
Start the OF program and reinstall the Mail Clipping plug-in. It should work again.

I followed this advice which also worked for me:

http://groups.google.com/group/growl...fa0713b85ff806

The problem for me is that the short cut command + shift + C is now designated for "Show Fonts", since the 10.6.2 update. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am not having any such luck with the suggestions listed above. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexknight View Post
I cannot get it to work I tried reinstalling it a ton of times and tried a bunch of stuff and still cannot get the mail clipping to work with 10.6.2....Are you sure there isn't disabling of this function on the 10.6.2? I have it running smoothley on the 10.6 on the other computer without any problems....? Any other suggestions?

What are you using as your clipping shortcut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What are you using as your clipping shortcut?
The shortcut that I have been using is...command - shift - x
I have tried using a bunch of other ones but none work and also when I try and record the shortcut all it says is all apps must be restarted to use new shortcut which is true but the odd thing is it doesn't show the shortcut commands that I just typed in within the box

As a test, try cmd-shift-, which I know works with 10.6.2. If it doesn't work for you, then something must be wrong with your system; if it does work, maybe you just have a new conflict with your chosen shortcut, like an earlier poster in this thread.

I do not get this up running either. I tried to extend the IDs in Info.plist with some I found in already updated Mail bundles but it didn't work out. Mail.app identifies the bundle as incompatible and removes it.

If you reinstall the Clip-O-Tron from OmniFocus 1.7.5, it automatically updates it for the current version of Mail on your current operating system. (This wasn't true in releases earlier than 1.7.5.)

I just verified that uninstalling and reinstalling the Clip-O-Tron using OmniFocus 1.7.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 makes it compatible with Mail for me.