The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF file in iTunes File Sharing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just noticed that when I select my iPad in iTunes, click on the Apps tab, scroll down to File Sharing, and look at the Apps listed there, OmniFocus shows up. When I select it, I see OmniFocus.ofocus is listed. So it appears that OF is syncing to the iPad (and iPhone) through iTunes. But I thought I was syncing all my devices via iDisk (where the OmniFocus.ofcus file also resides.

Should I have the .ofocus file in both places? Is there a potential conflict here? What happens if I remove it from one or the other place?

Sorry for the profusion of questions. It just totally confused me ...

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment.

No, seeing an app there means that you can access its files via iTunes, not that you are syncing via iTunes. In the case of OmniFocus, you can retrieve the file (or add it, I suppose) even if you can't or don't want to sync (to file a bug report and include your database without further changes, for example).

There's no conflict, but I wouldn't advise using this method to delete any files unless you know what you are doing.