The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using LatexIt as service Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

i often need to typeset formulas in my diagrams and so far i have been successfully been doing drag and drop using LatexIt. However, i realized that it should be possible to use LatexIt as service and use it by a key combination. Invoking the service by mouse is not a problem and works fine. The trouble is, i can't seem to find a good key combination that is not already being used by Omnigraffle or it simply doesn't seem work. Did anyone here manage to get this working properly, i.e. directly generating a formula from the LatexIt service by usage of a key combination? I would really love to get this working...

nevermind, i found a working key combination.

However, i have a different problem now. It seems when i invoke the service for a text within a circle or so, the quality is degraded and not a vector graphic as configured in latexit. Does anyone know this problem and possibly a solution? Interestingly, this also happen when i drag the vector image from LatexIt to Omnigraffle (which yields a fine vector image), then copy the vector image from within Omnigraffle to the clipboard, and finally paste it into the text of a circle.

This also seems to happen when i drag the PDF vector graphic to Omnigraffle and then right-click it. The quality of the image is bad as long as the menu is open. This effect is especially clear when resizing the dragged formula beforehand. It is almost as if the vector graphic is rasterized using a really bad resolution.

Last edited by bnz; 2007-10-23 at 06:55 AM..