The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Two OmniFocus windows. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have seen this topic brought up a few times, but the solution is never revealed. It seems the behavior just fixes itself for most people. Not me.

Whenever I launch OF or click on it's dock icon with no windows open, OF opens with two windows. Both are in Planning mode. One is selected to my Library and the other has no selection at all; it shows all of my inbox items and projects.

I have no perspectives in the Perspectives Window and the options to choose what they open in, ie Planning Mode, Context Mode and the new window choices are grayed out as expected.

In the Window list, it lists two separate OmniFocus windows.

I am running the latest version as well. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSoul View Post
In the Window list, it lists two separate OmniFocus windows.

I am running the latest version as well. Any ideas?
What happens if you close one of the windows (i.e. have only one open), quit OF, and then relaunch? For me, only one window opens. I can also understand a single document window opening on launch or activation if none were open when it was activated (or when it was last closed). It also makes sense for OF to restore the number and locations windows that were open when it was quit.

-Steve

I tried two things. First, I closed both windows and quit OF. Upon relaunch, it opened two windows again.

I then closed one of the windows and quit OF. Upon relaunch I only had one window.

Problem solved, but really odd.

Thanks!