The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I change the icon of a script? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please don't laugh. I have never done anything with Apple scripts. I was just able to get this defer script into the OF toolbar. But it shows that ugly script icon. Is it possible to change the icon? If so, what do I have to do? Any pointers to a more basic (101 like) description are very welcome.

Last edited by vauha27; 2008-11-16 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Typos

If you change the script's icon in the Finder, OF will use that icon in the toolbar.

To change the icon in the Finder:

- Navigate to the folder containing the script.

- Select the script.

- Choose File --> Get Info

- Find a file with an icon you like. Choose File --> Get Info on it also.

- In the Get Info window of the second file, select the icon [at the top, not the preview] and choose Edit --> Copy.

- In the Get Info window of the script, select the icon and choose Edit --> Paste.

You may need to Quit OF and relaunch it for the new icon to appear in the toolbar.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2008-11-18 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Clarified which icon to select

Curt,

thanks a lot. Due to whatever reason I did not get this to work until I realized that I had to click on the Icon on top an not on the picture of the icon in the preview. Call me most stupid user of the week.:-(

Ah, good point. I'll edit my post to clarify.

Curt