The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Word count? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just invested in OO4 for both iPad and Mac, principally to help with writing projects.

Am I right in thinking that there is no word count facility in the app?

It's not a deal-breaker -- and I appreciate that an outlining tool isn't intended to be a substitute for a word processor. But the tool is marketed as a utility for writers and the temptation is there to start adding chunks of prose to fill out the outline once it starts to take shape.

So it would be useful to have a rough idea of how many words are contained in a complete outline, and I'd have thought it wouldn't be too hard to implement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcarter View Post
I've just invested in OO4 for both iPad and Mac, principally to help with writing projects.

Am I right in thinking that there is no word count facility in the app?

It's not a deal-breaker -- and I appreciate that an outlining tool isn't intended to be a substitute for a word processor. But the tool is marketed as a utility for writers and the temptation is there to start adding chunks of prose to fill out the outline once it starts to take shape.

So it would be useful to have a rough idea of how many words are contained in a complete outline, and I'd have thought it wouldn't be too hard to implement?
RobTrew had an EXCELLENT script for OmniOutliner 3 which I was using up until I updated to OO4 just today. I tried to install it but my apple script isn't good enough to figure out the errors. Here's the original thread for OO3:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...t=10664&page=3