The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

toolbar and favorites bar constantly disappear Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hello,
does anybody have an idea how I can stop Omniweb from opening windows without toolbars and favorites bar. Yes, I can reactivate them but unfortunately they start to disappear again very quickly. Couldn't figure out yet why and when it happens. I see this on Leopard and on Snow Leopard and usually in 50% after all restarts of OW.

thanks for your help

dirk

Try closing all your windows, select "Take Snapshot" in the workspaces menu. This will actually clear any workspaces you have saved. Does that help?

Well, it seems to work !!!!
thanks a lot !

Quote:
This will actually clear any snapshot of your workspaces you have saved. Does that help?
Glad to hear it! Also, a small correction to my statement above.

Mhm, maybe I was too fast with my comment that your suggestion helped :-( After several days it appeared again. However, at least I could figure out when the problem appears! Well, it seems to appear after I opened a window, in which a flash movie was playing, but only if a new window opened
, which was not showing the icon bar and the bookmarks. After restarting Omniweb in most cases all windows now appear without icon bar. If the movie was embedded in a "normal" window everything is fine. The weird thing is that I observe a similar behavior sometimes with Safari!! In general I see it more often on my macbook pro running under Snow Leopard.

Try this:

Close all open OmniWeb windows.
Open one new OmniWeb window and size it to your liking and place it in your preferred spot on your desktop, make sure the toolbar is showing.
Now select Window > Save Window Size.

This will cause new windows to always open with the same size rather than using your last open window as a basis.