The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Subscribe to RSS Sends to NNW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps this is already possible, and I don't know of it, but I'd really like if the newspaper icon/subscribe to rss feeds widget could optionally be overridden to send the feed to my default rss reader (NetNewsWire, in my case), instead of a live bookmark in OmniWeb.

I fourth this.

While I prefer NewsFire to NNW I'd like to see an option like safari where as clicking the RSS button in the status bar either allows you to view the RSS feeds in OW or copy the link to the clipboard and select whatever RSS reader you want.

So I guess I'm 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
While I prefer NewsFire to NNW I'd like to see an option like safari where as clicking the RSS button in the status bar either allows you to view the RSS feeds in OW or copy the link to the clipboard and select whatever RSS reader you want.

So I guess I'm 5th
You could easily deal with that: we need a pref that allows us to either use OW for RSS or "the default RSS reader as defined for the system.
The other option would be to let users selectwhich ever app they want for RSS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
If there were two options in that menu - "Subscribe in OmniWeb" and "Subscribe in (Whatever the default feed reader is)", that would be great. Certain kinds of RSS feed, particularly feeds for comments on individual blog entries, seem more natural fits for subscribing in the browser.

In Safari, if you choose an external reader, it seems you can't then subcribe to feeds in Safari at all.

this already works for feed:// links

This can be done pretty easily via Applescript. PM me if you want a script to handle it.