The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple layers in TIFF export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to export multiple layers (same canvas) to a TIFF file. When I read that TIFF file in Matlab, I find it has a single layer. Somehow OmniGraffle is flattening the file for TIFF export even though TIFF supports multiple layers.

What gives?

Hi, I want to do the same thing. I need to export in tiff but with layers. Why didn't anyone reply to this so far?

Baseline TIFF doesn't support layers. OmniGraffle is using the format with the widest compatibility.

If you want to make a feature request, use Help->Send Feedback inside the application. It's also the best route to use if you want a guaranteed answer from Omni; queries to the forum may or may not be seen and answered, but email via Help->Send Feedback goes into their tracking system.

Thanks. Will do in the future.