The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wither the script menu? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Also, in OmniOutliner, there is a way to attach scripts as toolbar items, would that be helpful? (no promises, just looking for feedback :) )
I would also appreciate this feature. Looking at the relatively few scripts that I use in OW, I then thought that one of them could just be incorporated into the app itself: how about an "Open Page/Link in >" menu in the contextual menu that brings up applications (mirrored as "Open Image in" etc.)? *dreaming*

While on the subject of applescripting, I've wanted to write a script to save PDFs of all browser tabs, but not the (unfortunately useless for printing) "Save as PDF" rather the OS print to PDF. *more dreaming*

And an indirect bump for another applescript issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutiaeMan
Personally, instead of moving the Scripts menu to become a sub-menu of the Apple menu, I'd much rather have Services be moved to join or sit next to the Scripts menu. I never use the Services because they're a pain in the ass to get to.
I agree, that's the Achilles heel of the whole thing, the balance between 'logical' categorisation and organisation, and the desire for commands closely at hand. I've often thought the same about the Services menu, which BTW can be done with ICeCoffEE