The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut to edit action text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a keyboard shortcut to edit the text of the action that's currently selected?

I don't want to edit its note, just the main text.

Can't seem to find a way to do this anywhere, have even resorted to trying dozens of different key combos by hand...

Update: HA! After typing that last sentence, I realized that everything I'd tried had been with some modifier key (command, ctrl, etc.) So on a hunch, I popped over to OF, pressed "e", and viola.

I guess I will post this anyway in case someone else searches for this answer :-)

Pressing the esc key will also toggle editing of the selected item.

Curt

As will the Tab key (which also selects the text of the action, so it's handy if you want to replace the entire contents).

-Dennis