The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

appointments: Omnifocus to iCal? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's probably me. I'm a newbie. When I sync anything from omnifocus with my ical, it comes through only as a TODO. And TODOs don't even appear on my iphone ical. I've entered a date and time, but it won't show up as an EVENT. If Omnifocus won't focus on a day & time to do something, then I won't be prodded to do it. And I do need prodding. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yennta View Post
It's probably me. I'm a newbie. When I sync anything from omnifocus with my ical, it comes through only as a TODO. And TODOs don't even appear on my iphone ical. I've entered a date and time, but it won't show up as an EVENT. If Omnifocus won't focus on a day & time to do something, then I won't be prodded to do it. And I do need prodding. Thanks.
This is by design. Task managers are not appointment managers: The two are different and distinct. There are tons of topics on this, but the gist of it is that GTD makes distinctions between "hard landscape" items which belong on a calendar and tasks, which generally do not.

If you care to peruse, there are many threads on this here. And by many I mean MANY.