The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature/UI Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'd like to start a thread for people to throw in their feature or UI requests for future Omniweb releases. I'll kick off:

Features

- Find as you type. I use it all the time in Camino (including in source view). Firefox has a great UI for this.
- Ability to send RSS feeds to an external reader
- Ability to apply custom CSS and/or javascript in site preferences

UI changes

- Fix pixellated search bar ends after resizing window
- Update Icons (most feel very 10.0)
- Implement Unified toolbar in Main Window, Preferences, Text Editor, View Source & Downloads.
- Download manager. I’d like to see something more like NetNewsWire/Safari/Unison (see this comparison image:)

Larger icons, less text and alternate row colours, rather than a black dividing line. It’s particularly bad when OW is downloading. The text is badly compressed.
- Bookmarks toolbar. I’d like to see no ‘image well’ shadow in the bookmarks toolbar, and have 1px larger typesize.
- Splash screen. If there still needs to be a splash screen, can it use tranparency, not a cocoa window with an image on top?

In general I would love to see something more like the screenshots of Pathfinder 4: http://www.cocoatech.com/news/archiv...4/28/index.php